After several years leading and providing the refreshments for the Sandgate Park conservation mornings, John and Jan Dugnolle have decided that they would now like someone else to take on these responsibilities.
Ideally it would be someone or a couple of people (one to lead the work party and one to sort out refreshments) who live next to the park but John has indicated that for the foreseeable future he could still store the tools and wheelbarrows, so don’t be put off if you live a bit further away.
The person who leads the work party will:
- liaise with Horsham District Council Parks and Countryside on what tasks they would like the conservation morning volunteers to carry out;
- be responsible for the tools, including approaching HDC when tools require maintenance or replacement;
- ensure that volunteers are signed in at each conservation morning(for insurance purposes);
- carry out a risk assessment for the morning and ensure that all volunteers are briefed on any risks and how to use the tools safely;
- provide a report on conservation work done / planned to the trustee committee; and
- contribute to the Society Annual Report on work done and attendance numbers at the conservation mornings, and any planned future work. This includes a short presentation to the AGM.
The person providing the refreshments will be responsible for bringing along the hot water, tea, coffee, milk, sugar and any other drinks, cakes / biscuits and the drinking cups. The cost of provisions can be claimed back from the Treasurer.
If you are interested in taking on either (or both) of these vital roles please contact the Society.
As of August 2020 conservation mornings at Sandgate Park are still suspended though they could restart under strict Covid-19 precautions. If and when they do restart during the Covid-19 pandemic period it is likely that no refreshments will be provided because the sharing of food and drink increases the risk of passing on virus.