Why not become a member?
You are welcome to join us on our field days and our social evenings as a non-member but if you join Sandgate Conservation Society you get the following benefits:
- our excellent illustrated Newsletter. Our annual Newsletter is full of news the Society’s activities, forthcoming events, much fascinating local history, and other interesting features, as well as general information on what is going on in the countryside around you;
- discounted entry to our social events where you can listen to interesting speakers on a number of subjects;
- the opportunity to vote on matters concerning how the Society is run and what it does, such as voting for the members to act as Trustees of the charity at the Annual General Meeting
- the knowledge that you are directly supporting the work of the Society to protect the green spaces in the Sullington area for the benefit of wild life and residents – your subscription helps pay for work party refreshments, insurance, production of our newsletter, a small amount of office stationery and postage stamps, this website etc.;
- and most importantly, even if you do not become actively involved in the work of the Society, you will be helping to ensure that voice heard in its dealings with local councils and other organisations. The more members the Society has the more notice local politicians and others will take notice of it.
Membership of our Society costs just £5 a year per household, payable on joining and then on 1st April every year. If you join after 31st December the Society will waive your subscription for the remainder of the current membership year if you can provide proof that you have set up a regular payment / standing order to start from the next 1st April.
How to join
You can join by email, by post, or by completing the on-line form.
Sandgate Conservation Society
West Sussex RH20 4BH
Your name(s) (full name including title)
Your address (including postcode)
Your email address (optional). You may provide up to 2 email addresses
Your telephone number (optional). You may provide up to 2 telephone numbers
If you give us your email address we will use to remind you of our events and to let you know about other local matters and events we think you would be interested in, such as local government consultations. If you give us your telephone number we will only use it to contact you if we need to do so quickly.
We take the privacy of your personal information seriously. Please read our Privacy Notice
You can pay your membership subscription by bank transfer, cheque or cash.
To pay via Internet banking:
Sandgate Conservation Society
Sort Code: 30-99-93
Account No.: 02247376
Reference: (Your name and initials)
Please let the Secretary know that you have sent money via Internet banking. Also, please consider additionally setting this up as a regular transfer on 1st April each year.
To pay by Standing Order:
Please print and complete the Standing Order Payment Mandate Form
You may send this directly to your bank, in which case please let the Secretary know that you have done so. Or, if you prefer, send it to the Secretary and it will be forwarded to your bank.
To pay by cheque:
Cheques should be made payable to Sandgate Conservation Society for the sum of £5.
Your membership will be acknowledged with a copy of our Newsletter and details of our regular meetings that normally take place at Sullington Parish Hall.