Bronze Age barrows
There are nine prehistoric round barrows, or tumuli, on the Warren. There are records that, in the early nineteenth century, amateur archaeologists unearthed Bronze Age cremation urns on one of the barrows. The barrows are listed as Ancient Monuments and under the protection of English Heritage. Excavation of the barrows is now not allowed and the growth of trees and shrubs on the barrows is controlled to prevent damage by their roots. Many of the barrows, such as the largest barrow with the memorial seat at it’s centre, have required regular work during the past twenty years to remedy surface erosion caused by public access.
There used to be an open trestle post mill on high ground at the southern most part of the Warren. The windmill was important to the locality and worked in conjunction with Chantry water mill until the early part of the 20th century. It eventually fell into disuse and destroyed by fire in 1911. Only the shaft of the windmill survives.
The seat on the largest barrow commemorates Enid Clarke-Williams who was the Secretary of the National Trust Local Committee from 1935. Miss Clarke-Williams led the group of fund-raising residents who, in around 1935, helped the National Trust acquire part of Sullington Warren. Part of Sullington Warren was given to the National Trust by Horsham District Council in 1986.